Day 1: QUITO/GUAYAQUIL – BALTRA – PUERTO AYORA
Flight from Quito or Guayaquil to Baltra´s airport where a naturalist guide would transfer you to Puerto Ayora. On the way, we will stop by in order to visit the highlands. Then, you will have lunch at the harbor, and eventually, we continue with the transfer to the hotel. After a short break is made, we will visit the Charles Darwin Station. At the station, we will be able see a variety of species of Giant Tortoises in captivity. We will watch their different size and age, and learn the Islands they originally come from. We will listen about the ongoing conservation efforts directed at preserving the Giant Tortoises, as well as the environment of the archipelago as a whole. Then, return to the hotel for dinner and accommodation.
Day 2: NAVIGATION (Bartolome or North Seymour or Plazas or Santa Fe)
After breakfast, the guide will meet you in the hotel´s lobby in order to take them to the dock, and start the tour. Lunch will be included onboard the small yacht. In the afternoon, you would return to the port.
Only one of the islands you will visit this day
• North Seymour Island is a spectacular place to hike, swim, and enjoy snorkeling. The main attractions are: the frigates, boobies, gulls, hawks, green sea turtles and the famous Galapagos Sharks.
• Bartolomé Island is the most attractive landscape of the archipelago. This island is undoubtedly the most photographed in all the Galapagos Islands. You can appreciate a spectacular view of two beautiful bays and observe the fascinating formations of lava and volcanic cones. 2
• Two islands form Plazas. The turquoise waters of the channel contrast brilliantly with the white sand and black lava coast. It is a wonderful spot to observe marine life, including manta rays. Coasts are a perfect spot for snorkeling activity.
• Santa Fe Island (Spanish: Isla Santa Fe), also called Barrington Island after admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 square kilometres (9.3 sq mi) which lies in the centre of the Galapagos archipelago, to the south east of Santa Cruz Island. Geologically it is one of the oldest, since volcanic rocks of about 4 million years old have been found. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus Opuntia echios. Then, the passengers would return to the hotel for Dinner and accommodation.
Island will be chosen according to available spaces
Day 3: SANTA CRUZ – ISABELA
After breakfast, the guide will take you to enjoy Tortuga Bay. Here, you walk for 45 minutes approximately, through a cactus trail on to the first beach, which is called Playa Brava due to its strong currents. On this beach you would see a lot of marine iguanas, marine birds and pelicans. After visiting Playa Brava, we continue with an additional 15min walk in order to reach Playa Mansa. This second beach is a natural lagoon visited by blue footed boobies and pelicans. It is also a beautiful place for swimming and taking sun. Afterwards, we will have lunch at the port. After lunch, you will go to the port in order to embark on a public speedboat that will take you to Isabela Island (approximately 2-2.5 hour navigation). On your arrival, a person will take you to the hotel for check in. Afterwards, we visit the Lake of the Flamingos. Dinner would be provided at port. Then, you would return to the hotel for accommodation.
This day you will have the opportunity to choose a full day tour from the next two options (only one):
Please advise which one you would like to do:
FULL DAY ISABELA (Option 1)
Approximately at 7:30 am, the trip to Sierra Negra Volcano will start. The passengers will be transported by bus or other transportation for about 45 minutes to the Galapagos National Park control site in order to record the visit. Then, we will begin a trek to the Sierra Negra and Chico Volcano. During the trek (about 3-4 hours) a box lunch would be provided. In the afternoon, we will return to the hotel. After a short break, we will be transferred to the Concha Perla for snorkeling. Then, you would return to the hotel for Dinner and Accommodation.
FULL DAY ISABELA (Option 2)
Breakfast. Prepare to go to Tintoreras Islet. Go to the dock of Puerto Villamil in order to embark on small speedboats. After a short ride (approx. 20 min.), we arrive at Tintoreras. After the hike through the islet, we will snorkel. We can see starfish, multicolor fish, sea-urchins, and with luck manta rays, sharks, and sea lions that may swim with us close up. Return to hotel for lunch. In the afternoon, visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center of Isabela, where we will be able to see a variety of species of giant tortoises in captivity. Visit the Wall of Tears. The wall has a length of 100m and a height of 7m. The name is derived from the difficult and painful nature of the conditions in which the prisoners were forced to work. Visit a Lava Tunnel near the Wall, as well as visits to Mirador Orchilla, Estero de Isabela, and Playa del Amor. Then, you would return to the hotel for Dinner and Accommodation.
We recommend option 2 for older people, who cannot make a trekking tour of several hours.
Note: Please note that all tours on Isabela Island are shared with other persons (except for the first class hotel category, the Sierra Negra tour is private – Tintoreras is always shared).
Day 5: ISABELA – SANTA CRUZ – BALTRA
At 05:30 am, you will be transferred to the Port for embarkation. At your arrival at Santa Cruz around 08:30, a guide will be waiting for the transfer to the airport in Baltra, so you can take your flight back to Quito or Guayaquil. On the way, we will make a brief stop in order to visit two sunken “holes”, similar to craters, known as “Los Gemelos”.
• Accommodation in double rooms
• All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). First day: lunch and dinner. Last day: breakfast
• Transportation and Maritime timed views
• Bilingual naturalist guide (English, Spanish)
• Scheduled Visits
• Snorkeling Equipment
• All Transfers from Puerto Ayora – Isabela Island – Puerto Ayora
• Shared tours on Isabela Island
• Navigation tours are shared
• Air Ticket
• Galapagos National Park entrance fee USD 100.00
• INGALA Migration Control Card USD 20.00
• Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
Hotels we use in the program (subject to availability):
• Santa Cruz: Santa Fe, Galapagos Inn ( Standard)
• Isabela: Cally or similar
• Santa Cruz: Mainao, Gps Suites, Villa Laguna, Galapagos Inn (hab. superior)
• Isabela: Casa Marita (hab Standard) - Wooden House (hab standard) / La Laguna
• Santa Cruz: Sol y Mar – Angermeyer ( Standard Plus ) - Finch Bay ( Garden View )
• Isabela: Casa Marita- Wooden House (hab. Deluxe